Nov 30, 2012

How to Cut Small Pieces From Felt

I love felt! ... Except when it comes to small pieces. 
Those teeny-tiny things can be a pain to cut out and when I use eco-felt (craft felt) it sometimes frays before I even have a chance to finish. Not anymore, my friends! Grab your scotch tape and follow me. After this quick and easy tip you'll never have a problem cutting these little guys out again!


How To:

  1. Place your pattern piece onto the felt. Add a nice, oversized piece of tape on top of the pattern piece to secure it in place.
  2. Continue taping until the pattern is covered and sticking to the felt.
  3. Cut out the pattern as you normally would {minus all the fuss and readjusting!}
  4. Tuh-duh! No fraying, no choppy edges and no goof ups.


Pst - sometimes I even use this method for bigger pattern pieces just to make sure I get a nice, clean edge. For larger patterns don't worry about covering the whole piece in tape - just all of the edges. Works like a charm! 

Here's a sneak peak of how I used this trick for an upcoming pattern freebie you won't want to miss!

No comments: